Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Easiest Soup Ever

For my 9th soup entry, I bring you the easiest and fastest soup I've made to date-Cream of Potato soup. Just in case I have some new readers who are wondering what the deal is with the soup, I decided to make a different kind of soup every week for a year (an odd resolution, I know).

This recipe came from a friend of mine and is wonderful in that as long as you have the can(s) of soup, most everything else should already be in the fridge. It can be made into as much or as little as you need (one can makes enough for 2-3 servings) and can also be done in the crockpot.

Cream of Potato Soup
Ingredients
  • 1 can of Cream of Potato Soup
  • 1 can milk
  • butter
  • veggies of choice-amounts to your taste
I used:
    • celery (chopped)
    • onion (chopped)
    • carrots (shredded or chopped)
    • garlic (minced)
  • shredded cheddar cheese
  • toppings (bacon, chives, etc)
1. Saute vegetables in butter until soft.


2. Add Cream of Potato Soup and milk-add an almost full soup can of milk for each can of soup.

3. Heat.

4. Add shredded cheese. Stir until melted and to desired temperature.


5. Ladle into bowls and add baked potato type topping-I added some bacon bits(the precooked ones) and chives.

That's it! It tastes wonderful and is perfect when you want comfort food fast!

2 Comments:

At 3/03/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm..I love easy recipes like that. Easy and fast!

 
At 3/03/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

MMMMMMMMmmmm my stomach just howled :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home