Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spring's A Comin'

Spring is definitely on its way-although we've had a few chilly days recently. Check out the tree buds from a week and a half ago:
Now look at them:

Flowers are a bloomin too:
There's nothing like coming home to the scent of Carolina Jasmine wafting in the air.

I guess it's a good thing I finally finished these:
I was hoping to finish them before it hit 90 degrees. No such luck as it got up to 92 last week but our cold spell in the last few days gave me the motivation I needed to finish.

Pattern: "Mittens" by Claire Wilson as published in The Green Mountain Spinnery Book

Yarn: Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair-AlpenGlo-
30% Mohair/70% Wool
Worsted Weight

Needles: US size 2 dpns
Notes: Your basic "run of the mill" mitten. I spit-spliced for the first time!

2 Comments:

At 3/07/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Hoo boy! I missed ever spending a March in SA, but I don't think I could ever get used to that!!

Maybe you can make those "gardening" mittens? ;-) Nah, they're too nice.

 
At 3/07/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I don't miss the 90s this early in the year. Although I would be happy if the snow would melt....

I LOVE spit-splicing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home