Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meet LuLu-Take Two!

Yesterday I had posted an entry about Lulu and then for some reason had "Poster's Remorse" so went back in and deleted it. Just didn't like the way the post read.

So, here I go again. Here's the new sewing machine I bought yesterday:



I've named her "Lulu"-she's a Huskyst@r E20 .

I was hoping to get the 500 yr old sewing machine repaired that I had inherited from my Mother but found out it was beyond repair.

After several days of looking online and talking to some friends, I felt the best fit for me at this point was to get another (that's what kind Mom's was) Viking/Huskvarna although a very low-end model. I only wanted a basic sewing machine and figured I'd need a refresher course since it's been 22 years since I last sewed. I know I could have gotten a cheaper machine at W a l m a r t or the like but knew I'd do better with buying a machine that came with a good warranty and user support. I was surprised at how reasonable the price was considering I'd been eyeing them on E B A Y, plus since I got the floor model I received an additional 10% off. It worked out perfect-Saturday I'll have my class(free!) on getting to know my machine and will hopefully be ready to start my first project shortly after that.

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2007 , Blogger Brandy said...

I was going to comment on your original post, but when i clicked on it, it was gone!! :)

Anyway, I am looking to buy a sewing machine myself. I'm really hoping to get one by this fall, once the days start getting shorter and I find myself at home more. I'm excited to see what you come up with!!

 
At 7/20/2007 , Blogger Jodie said...

Hiya, i was told to drop on by as you had mentioned my knitting bangles but then the post was gone - but I don't care - your blog is great and I hope you and Lulu have a long and wonderful relationship.
jod

 
At 7/21/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your latest addition. You'll have a blast sewing - enjoy!

 
At 7/22/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

I so agree about getting a decent machine, as opposed to being cost-efficient. I went the latter route and am a bit sorry. I have problems with my bobbin.

Your machine is lovely! May you enjoy many, many years and miles with it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home