Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chocolate Therapy

Yum Yum!!!
Look what I made today:



It's David Lebovitz's Chocolate Idiot Cake which is very similar to his Chocolate Orbit Cake . I actually used the Scharffen Berger bittersweet chocolate(found it at Williams Sonoma) called for in the recipe. I've read about people who have also just used Nestle Semi-sweet chocolate chips with excellent results too. It is sinfully delicious!! Easy too-truly only an idiot could mess it up: there's no flour in the recipe, I melted the chocolate/butter combo in the microwave and used a 9" cake pan instead of the springform pan.

Why the need for chocolate therapy? Well it's actually more for DH. Here's been my schedule for a 5 week span:

Weeks 1 & 2: I was in Minnesota while he stayed in SA with Sophie who was sick (I offered to stay home but DH insisted I keep my travel plans). Several hundreds of dollars and trips to the vet later ended up getting a hysterectomy (she would have died without it). She was not a happy camper the first few days following surgery. DH took this pic of her with her "halo."

She looks and acts 150% better now. I was a wreck while this was going on but was afraid to write about it until I knew for sure she was in the clear. She is now :-)

Week 3: I was home for 1 day before having 4 days of teacher workshops downtown.

Week 4: I had 3 days of teacher training this week.

Week 5: I'm leaving for Dallas tomorrow(Sunday) for a 5 day teacher training and will fly back Friday night.

THEN I can start my summer vacation. I can hardly wait to be free of work obligations and spend my time knitting, reading and other fun stuff!

8 Comments:

At 6/23/2007 , Blogger coastergirl said...

yum.....Are there any leftovers?

 
At 6/23/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Lucky DH! About the cake, I mean.

So this means that I won't see you tomorrow?! Ugh!!!

 
At 6/24/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

ooh, that cake looks yummy.

hope the workshop days fly by
and that your realsummerdays are
as slow as molasses.

 
At 6/24/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

Glad to hear Sophie is doing better. Calvin learned how to get around his "cone". That cake looks extremely yummy!

 
At 6/24/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh mama, that's some delish looking cake! I've seen those flourless cake recipes before but have always been chicken to try them. I might have to try it now!

 
At 6/25/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

Oh, mmmmm....
That looks totally yummy!

I'm glad that Sophie's better. Poor baby!

 
At 6/27/2007 , Blogger BertandFelix said...

Sniff...sniff...I can't eat chocolate anymore. The cake looks yummy!!!!!

Hugs to the recovering pooch!

 
At 6/27/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

Well I saw that cake and I had to find out what that was all about then, I got the cravings so I made it. I'm in a chocolate induced zombie state. LOL

Thanks!!! :D

I'm glad your puppy is doing better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home