Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Year In Soup-Week 17

Lentils

This week's recipe comes from the Ravelry "Knit.Hook.Cook." Group via a thread for crockpot recipes. When I spotted puggletrouble's recipe and realized I had all the ingredients on hand-even the lentils- I knew it was the perfect recipe for this week. After last weekend's chop-a-thon, I needed a "low-maintenance" soup.

Hot Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup

Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2-3 hot Italian sausages
1 cup red lentils
3 cups water
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery

Slice and brown 2 or 3 hot Italian sausage. Drain. Place in crockpot. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cook on low all day, or high for 4 hours or so.

  • A great no muss/no fuss recipe!
  • I added a little bit-literally just a tablespoon or two of cream for color/flavor at the end.
  • This amount was perfect for a 2 - 2 1/2 quart crock pot; adjust ingredient amount to your needs/crockpot size
  • It was begging for some French bread to be dipped in it-yummmmm!

1 Comments:

At 4/29/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

MMMM! I've got some green lentils that would probably sub really easy in that. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home