Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Products

Not much to write about on the knitting front so I thought I'd do a post about some new products I've recently come across.


I'm such a sucker to try new and different things. First, we have some cucumber lemonade. It's a dry mix (like Country Time) you just add 2 quarts of water. To me it tasted like a tangy lemonade-very refreshing! I'd remember hearing about adding cucumbers to water for a refreshing drink so I figured it couldn't be all that bad-and it wasn't! I was surprised to see how many recipes I found when I googled, "cucumber lemonade." I didn't realize it was so popular.

Next is a package of Wildly Cherry M & M's I saw while buying some Easter candy. They weren't too bad either. Like a small, crunchy Cherry Tootsie Pop. I also spied some Snickers Charged candy bars on the same trip. Snickers Charged has 60 milligrams of caffeine, taurine and other B vitamins. Eat that with a Red Bull and imagine all the energy you'd have! It tasted "ok" but there was a bit of an aftertaste. I do have to say I did feel a bit more energetic after having a bar (even more so that the usual sugar high-but not overly jittery or anything).

I probably wouldn't go out of my way to buy these again, but they were definitely worth the original purchase, just for something different!

Another, "new to me" product is this P e d E g g. I've read some good things about it and figured I'd give it a go. I haven't tried it yet, but would love to hear about anyone else's experience with it.

4 Comments:

At 3/26/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I might have to try the cucumber lemonade, but the cherry M&Ms sounds like a waste of good chocolate! ;-) And while my feet could probably use the Ped Egg, it looks a little too much like use a grater on your feet! Be sure to give us a report.....

 
At 3/27/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Interesting--I've been tempted to try those cherry M&Ms but have resisted. Now I might try 'em!

 
At 3/27/2008 , Blogger Michelle said...

I really liike my PedEgg. Sure, it looks like a dangerous weapon in the attack of excess skin, but it really is gentle. After sloughing off some of my heels, I coated my feet with some thick cream and wore socks for the rest of the day and my feet felt all kinds of awesome. The egg cleans easily too.

That cucumber lemonade sounds so refreshing. I'll be on the hunt for the cherry M&Ms, as I do love cherry with my chocolate (except cherry cordials). The new Snickers sound like a good road trip food.

 
At 3/29/2008 , Blogger Jeremy said...

Very interesting. I have only seen the PedEgg. The cucumber lemonade sounds like a good summer drink and I never could resist a cherry tootsie pop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home