Saturday, May 03, 2008

Burned Mail

When this story about a mail truck catching fire on its way to San Antonio aired awhile back, DH and I chuckled wondering if we had any mail on the truck. Well, this past week I picked up the mail from our "community mail center" and noticed a smoky smell coming from the box and on all the mail. Sure enough we received a salvaged piece from the fire.

It was wrapped in a flimsy ziplock-like bag with a form letter explaining about the fire. My concern was that trapped in my shoebox-sized mailbox with the singed letter was some yarn I had ordered. CRAP!!!! I was so worried my new yarn would smell like smoke too. Luckily, when I opened the envelope and took a whiff -all was good. Whew!!! Here it is:


365 yards of "Hydrangea" Merino/Seacell yarn from pigeonroof knits. I love it and can hardly wait to find just the right pattern!

For the carrot cake lovers out there:

I made some carrot cake from scratch today-yummy! It is definitely the best carrot cake I've ever had (DH agreed). The only changes from the original recipe was that I made it without the raisins (for DH), added orange zest to the frosting and only made two layers. This is a "winner" for anyone needing a good cake recipe.

I also poached some chicken for my soup recipe tomorrow but that wasn't near as photogenic.

Finally, I'm excited to report my peppers are beginning to pop! Here is my first banana pepper.

3 Comments:

At 5/04/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

The (pigeon)roof, the (pigeon)roof, the (pigeon)roof is on fire!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

 
At 5/04/2008 , Blogger Amanda said...

Glad your yarn survived!

mmmmm, carrot cake, my favorite!

 
At 5/05/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

mmm smokey yarn.

mmmm carrot cake.

I prefer the cake

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home