Saturday, June 21, 2008

Austin Yarn Crawl

Yesterday Juanita and I headed up to Austin to check out their yarn stores. Our first stop was The Knitting Nest.

I ended up purchasing some Trekking pro natura in color 1545(purple) and a cute yarn "sauce bowl." I LOVED this store! The location is perfect (southside of Austin-I'm from the north end of S.A.), the layout is great-lots of room to sit and knit, the owner was fantastic! She even threw in a free measuring tape. The fact that people can bring food and drinks-there's even a mini-kitchen in the back for SnB makes it such a homey place. One I'd definitely frequent if I lived a bit closer. The pics Franklin drew on the wall were great too!


Our 2nd stop was the Yarn Mecca of Austin-Hill Country Weavers. It had been 2 years since I last visited and was truly overwhelmed with the selection. I had yarn ADD. The was no way I could maintain eye contact for more than 2 seconds before getting distracted. Some Shi Bui sock yarn-color 5001 tricked some cash out of my wallet and made its way into my bag.


Our third stop was Gauge Knits. The owner was so sweet and patient when I called for directions...twice...
I ended up purchasing a really cool project bag, Peace Needles, Lorna's Laces in Jungle Print, and some of the softest sock yarn ever-Panda Silk in periwinkle tones. Karli-the owner was kind enough to recommend our delicious lunch location: Russell's Bakery and Coffee Bar. An excellent place for a soup/sandwich type lunch and of course something sweet.

Our 4th and final stop was Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe. I fell in love with the Katia Jamaica yarn-color 4010 and purchased some along with a cute knit themed greeting card.

By this point we were pooped! We had such a fun day! One we'll have to do again!

2 Comments:

At 6/22/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man that looks like A LOT of fun. I regret never hitting the Austin yarn stores when I lived in SA!

 
At 6/23/2008 , Blogger Grace said...

what a wonderful way to spend the day with a friend, love the project bag, and the yarns are wonderful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home