Monday, July 21, 2008

A Good Monday

Boy Mondays are much more pleasant when you're not working!

This is a sign I've driven past daily for the last 3 1/2 years not too far from where I live. Today I decided to check out the "lake."

I was pleasantly surprised! Nestled in a nearby community (around 2 miles from my house) is a park which includes a "lake" along with a big field and nice playground. There's even a path to walk around the lake. I was thrilled! It's not Minnesota (Land of 10,000 Lakes), but it sure is nice to get a taste of nature so close to my house. I will definitely be visiting my "lake" more frequently!


I even met a woman-happened to also be from MN walking her dog, Bear. She says she goes nearly every day, it's very safe and at dusk can often see deer while you're walking. They also stock the lake with fish so people are often fishing off the dock.

I am also thrilled at the growing of my banana peppers. I'm hoping to have enough to make a jar of pickled banana peppers soon. My jalapenos have not done so well this summer though. Next year I want to grow even more banana peppers and may look into planting them and possibly some cucumbers for the Fall growing season.


Finally, here's a progress picture of my Clapotis. I made it wider than the pattern called for and am also planning on making it longer..we'll see yarn wise though. If you look carefully (and click to enlarge), you can see two columns of dropped stitches-love row 8 -on the right. I'm hoping to get it done before school starts.

3 Comments:

At 7/21/2008 , Blogger J said...

That is so cool! Your very own sanctuary.
The Clapotis looks great!

 
At 7/22/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Cool. and the clapotis is stripey, I like it. :D

 
At 7/22/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

I don't know what makes me more jealous? A relaxing vacation? Or those banana peppers?! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home