Saturday, August 02, 2008

Summer of Yarn

This has truly been a Summer of Yarn for me. It started in June with my trip to Austin with Juanita, then I checked out the stores in Boerne, I've bought from my LYS in San Antonio and now the latest additions.

Last Sunday, knitting friends Patty, Terri, Jody and I piled into my car and we hit The Knitting Nest and HCW in Austin, TX. What a treat!

I ended up purchasing:
More sock yarn (Cascade 220 Hand Painted Sock yarn, Koigu KPM, Misti Alpaca Sock yarn, and some Art Yarn Ultra Merino 4)


Manos Silk Blend (my favorite yarn of the day), Classic Elite Inca Alpaca, and Alchemy Synchronicity for some projects


And some Cascade 220 for a felted bag.

You can see the yarn details in my stash on Ravelry.

We even found some time to knit while at The Knitting Nest before ending our day at Steak 'n Shake and heading back to S.A.

Patty and Teri

A few days ago my Summer of Yarn came to a close with the arrival of some Knit Picks Palette.

That's it....no more yarn til Kid 'n Ewe....Unless it's for a project...or a new sock yarn....or a GREAT deal....you get the idea.

Funny of the day: DH saw my pile o' yarn I had out for taking photos for my Ravelry stash and declared, "I bet I could sell that lot of yarn on EBAY for twenty dollars!" At first I was going to correct him as to its worth, but then decided against it. What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

5 Comments:

At 8/02/2008 , Blogger janna said...

Yeah -- best to keep him in the dark! I miss HCW....

 
At 8/02/2008 , Blogger Courtney said...

Nice yarns! I'm knitting my Misti Alpaca Sock yarn now and it's great.

 
At 8/02/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8/02/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Yeah the blanket answer for the hubby is "YEs, dear."

Pretty stuff

 
At 8/03/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

I didn't know that Cascade did a handpainted sock yarn--nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home