Sunday, November 12, 2006

Kid n' Ewe Part 1-The Fiber!

Yesterday several S.A. knitters (Amanda , Janna -with sister Linda and friend Jody, Kim , Enid, Susan , Courtney , David ) and myself found our way to Boerne's Kid n' Ewe festival. It was my first fiber festival and from what I had been told, didn't expect a whole lot. It was soooooo much fun! I had to split my pictures into 3 posts! My DH was shocked to see that I had taken 37 pictures yesterday!! I kept telling him once I got home-"I had such a great day!" I was giddy from my fiber high!

I think we all agreed what made it such fun was the perfect weather, being with our fellow knitting friends-including some blogging friends from Austin, Houston, etc. and the atmosphere! What would have made it even better would have been being able to share it with our SnB friends who came on Friday, and the other Kim -who moved out of state.

The first images I saw when I entered were weavers and spinners!
(Click on the photos to enlarge)



The main reason for our trek-Brooks Farm yarn! which I found out later can only be bought at fiber shows such as this or online!


Here are my purchases for the day:

I bought 2 hanks of Brooks Farm-Riata which will become a scarf or shawl at some point. I also purchased 2 skeins of sock yarn for my "practice socks" at a very reasonable price; and some local honey. I also won a really cool credit card/business card holder made by Caro at our Blogger pot luck lunch organized by Julia and Christine -thanks ladies! It was so much fun to see faces to match all the blogs I read.

Continue reading down for more pics and commentary from the trip!

3 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 , Blogger Betsy said...

VERY cool, sister! Glad you had a good time! :)

 
At 11/12/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Wasn't it fun? And we stayed on quite a while after you left, teaching Jody to knit. You got some great pictures - so much better than mine!

 
At 11/13/2006 , Blogger Enid said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I did too. It was great getting to see everyone again. (((HUGS)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home