Sunday, October 22, 2006

A Little of This, A Little of That

YUK! I hate that Jeffrey won Project Runway . Blech!!! What do you think?

It's difficult to get excited about knitting a scarf and hat with this yarn:


When the outside thermometer, on October 21st, is reading this:


Seriously, those of you from the north, please blow some of that cool air down here!!!
Thankfully this morning the outside thermometer is reading a windy 50 degrees, so I am enjoying some delicious Creme Brulee coffee (bought the beans at Candlelight last night while out to dinner with some friends) and Pillsbury Cinnabon Cinnamon rolls Mmmmmmmm...another added bonus: The house smells great!

The pictured yarn is from my yarn stash-yay! It's a charcoal colored cashmere blend I bought at a final clearance/store closing sale last summer. I knew when I bought the yarn, it would turn into something warm and cozy. I finally decided (with some input from my SNB buddies) to knit it up into a scarf and hat as a Christmas gift for my brother in Northern MN. I loved the process I used with this-I brought the yarn to SNB last Sunday, asked for some ideas, and left with a great suggestion for a scarf pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts which should be arriving from @mazon any day now. I bought some other yarn at that same sale- which to me looked like it got hit with the "ugly stick"- but I bought it anyway (only a true yarn addict would buy "ugly" yarn just because it was on sale) and will see if it can be turned into anything worthwhile once my gift knitting is complete.

I also added to my yarn stash yesterday by buying $30.00 of yarn at the yarn sale at Michael's. I know I just posted a short time ago about my yarn addiction.....BUT BUT BUT...this was NEEDED yarn! After some input from my SNB friends and DH, I decided to stick with the 3 colors I have already knit for the fish blanket and not add new colors. So that meant I needed to get more of the yarn I had been using last summer. PLUS it was on sale!!

I am continuing to knit more warshcloths. I enjoy the mindless(no blonde jokes please) knitting, fast turnaround, and they're practical! What's not to love?? I am casting on the Mason-Dixon 9-Patch warshcloth today (scroll down a bit on the site and you'll see it).

Hmmm..Let's see.....what else is there to report??

Oh Yea!

Someone got a new toy!

DH bought Sophie a toy apple core that squeaks! Because the other 9 squeaker toys she has are just not enough!

1 Comments:

At 10/22/2006 , Blogger Michelle said...

The sight of that yarn makes my heart go pitter-pat. Then again, the Lion band has that effect on me!

Cuuute doggie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home