Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Top Ten Ways You Know My Parents are Coming to Visit

10. Some DIY work is done. DH and I painted my office area/den last Friday. It's a "Sweet Potato" color and I absolutely love it. I'd been wanting to paint my den for quite awhile and their visit spurred me into getting it done.


9. Cobwebs are cleaned from the corners. Ceiling fans and door ledges are dusted.

8. I buy wine. Lots of wine. Doesn't matter who drinks it. Wine is a good thing.

7. Cleaning gadgets that haven't been used since the last time Mom and Dad visited come out of retirement.

6. I contemplate buying hazmat masks for DH and myself while we sleep in the guestroom (with the pokey mattress) since that room is always the last one to get vacuumed and dusted-if at all.

5. I get really creative in finding "hiding places" for my yarn stash, magazine collection and other "life" paraphernalia. DH was amazed at how clean my office area got. He wondered where everything went. I told him to be careful when opening closets.

4. The vacuum cleaner makes sputtering sounds even after it's turned off from all the use.

3. I don't update my blog or knit for awhile since it cuts into my "Operation Parental Visit" duties.

2. I hide my Victori@'s Secret "S0 Sexy" shampoo and conditioner and replace it with "Ivory" to maintain my "Pure as the Driven Snow" persona.

1. Everything is vacuumed, dusted and washed...All at the same time!!!!

1 Comments:

At 11/30/2006 , Blogger Courtney said...

I love the paint color in your office!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home