Tuesday, July 31, 2007

This, That and the Other

As of this morning, here is where I'm at on Ravelry:
You signed up on June 18, 2007
You are #9929 on the list.
2539 people are ahead of you in line.
11766 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so far.

...SIGH.....I guess I should be glad to finally be out of the 3,000's.

On the knitting front I'm still knitting the fish although I need to step up the speed of production (the May fish challenge burned me out). I'm down to 32 left.

I finally finished the baby blanket I was working on but really messed up on weaving in the ends.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


In person it's really obvious, but in the pics if you look carefully you'll see a pinching, bunching, almost scar-like effect happening where I was weaving in the seams. Not an attractive look!

I guess it was due to the thickness of the yarn, my pulling too tight (surprise surprise), and the fact I suck at weaving in ends-I just want to be done with it already-I have no patience when it comes to weaving in. So, with the confirmation of my fellow knitters that it indeed took away from the cuteness of the blanket and bottomless mimosas at our favorite SnB hang out, I de-wove, un-wove, ripped out my weaving (whatever the term).

The plan is to split the yarn so it won't be as thick (and make for twice as many ends to weave in) and be really careful with any pulling or tugging. Trust me when I say I'll be so glad when that is done!

I finally decided to try out an audio book and am listening to this. It took awhile to get used to the narrator's voice and just listening (a challenge for a visual person like me) but I am really enjoying it! The book even has an underlying knitting theme (with patterns) to it which helps too.

I can tell my summer vacation is starting to come to a close. I received my first call from school yesterday to set up a department meeting....sigh.... I know this next week or so is going to fly with end-of-summer lunches, buying school supplies and planning for a new school year!

5 Comments:

At 7/31/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baby blanket looks really cool.

Good luck with the new school year. I always hated to see summer end but was excited about meeting my kids and seeing how they'd grown over the summer.

 
At 7/31/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh man, I've never had problems with my woven ends like that. And I'm a super sloppy finisher. Honestly though, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out!

 
At 8/02/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

I hope you get your Ravelry invite before school starts so you can spend some time playing!

 
At 8/03/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, we're like, neighbors in the Ravelry line! Kewl.

Bummer about the end of summer. That reminds me--I have to renew my credential...

Hugs!

 
At 8/06/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

your knitting is putting mine to shame, girl...
but hell with those bottomless mimosas i might not care. :)

enjoy your three weeks of summer, girl. i hope you get some more wonderful kids this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home