Sunday, November 25, 2007

Funky Sunday

Ugh. This morning I woke up in a funk. The cause? Hard to pinpoint-tired, end of vacation, busy week ahead, stepping on the scale, gloomy weather-who knows. I just know I wasn't good company.

I've gotten in to the bad habit of falling asleep early and then waking up around 2:30 -3:00 a.m. and watching TV til 4:30-5:00 a.m. and then falling asleep again for an hour or two. When I do wake up, I still feel groggy all day. It's going to be a hard habit to break and will require me to stay up as late as I can tonight so I can get some uninterrupted rest.

Then I stepped on the scale..Wow...just when I was making some progress I took 2, 3 or even 4 steps backwards. I figured that big box of bagels from Panera would catch up with me at some point-not to mention not keeping track of what I was eating.

So, there I was-tired, depressed about going back to work and having to be back on a schedule with responsibilities and crap when DH was telling me how his friend, who teaches at a local community college, was feeling the same way I was. Somehow that made me feel better-I wasn't crazy! Then I decided to make some Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls (forget weight gain for the time being). I do have to say the ooey goodness of the rolls did make me feel better (along with the coffee and chocolate mint truffle creamer).

I even chuckled when I looked over on the couch and saw this:
Suddenly, I decided I wanted to go work out. I looked at what I was wearing and really just needed to make a few minor clothing adjustments, grab my I-Pod and go. So I did. I was relieved to see most of the people at the gym looked just like me: frumpy & fluffy (probably not smelling like cinnamon rolls and coffee though). Two miles on the treadmill later, I came home feeling MUCH better and as long as I can stay up to a decent time, think I'll be ok.

I also made some progress on another set of fingerless mitts I'm making for a friend to give as a gift.Luckily Sophie stayed still long enough to be the background for my photo. I am using Noro Silk Garden (my latest yarn crush) Color #37. I'm really loving the purply colors in this yarn.

That's it for today..Peace out!

2 Comments:

At 11/25/2007 , Blogger janna said...

I'm just the opposite of you sleep-wise -- I have to tell myself to go to bed every night, and if I make it before 12:30, I'm lucky. Getting up in the morning is no fun!

And I've been in a mood to bake yeast bread for the last several days -- I'm going to have to wait until the weekend, though.

 
At 11/26/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, do I feel your pain. It was really tough to crawl out of bed this morning. Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home