Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


The morning began with me eager to get up and check out the ads for tomorrow's sales! For the first time in many years, nothing is standing out to me being worth getting up early and fighting the crowds. So I'm pretty sure I'll skip the madhouse that is the day after Thanksgiving shopping.

Then I gathered all the ingredients to make my Sweet Potato Bacon Biscuits (my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner) and started the process (baking the sweet potatoes, frying the bacon and onion, ect.)

DH sprung this new shirt of his on me as we were walking out the door:
EEEEK!!!! It's an EBAY find and he loves it. Me, not so much! Since we were going to his side of the family, I figured they would understand. I found out later he ordered one in red too-lucky me!! Supposedly it looks like a shirt Cleto of the Cletones from the J i m m y K i m m e l show wears-whatever, I just try not to look directly into the blue flowers-they're blinding!

Then we headed out-not exactly "Over the river and through the woods," but rather "Take this exit and go through the gate."
We had a wonderful dinner with DH's sister and family, watched football, and then stopped by and visited with some other friends on the way home.

Oh, here's what's left of the biscuits:
Crumbs! They were a big hit!

Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with as many wonderful family, friends and memories as mine! Now, I must change into my "comfy pants."

3 Comments:

At 11/22/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Nothing can make me shop on the day after Thanksgiving -- well, maybe if the Apple store had MacBooks for 75% off. But not much else!

 
At 11/23/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee! I kind of dig your hubby's shirt! But I'm weird like that.

Gah, even though I've probably eaten a week's worth of calories, those biscuits sound yummy!

 
At 11/24/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

bah ..i posted something and it disappeared.

Well any how. I'm glad you had a great holiday. I bet the week off was a good break for you.

p.s. I like the shirt I think it's RockIN' but you don't have to tell DH if you don't want to. heehee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home