Friday, November 23, 2007

Polar Plunge

Yes, that's what the local newscasters have been calling the cool/cold weather we've been having-The Polar Plunge. I don't care what they call it, I'm just glad it's not 88 degrees anymore (That was our high on Wednesday). Polar Plunge type weather is great for cooking and knitting!
First off is my cheapo version of one of my favorite hot beverages-Hot Caramel Apple Cider.

Here are the ingredients:
I zap a mug of the apple cider/juice in the microwave, spray some whip topping, and then drizzle some of the caramel sauce. Viola!
Let me tell you, for about the same price of one Grande at you know where, you can make many mugs of this apple-caramely goodness in your own home.

I also have a F.O.
The details:
Pattern: Maine Morning Mitts
Yarn: 1 skein Noro Silk Garden, Color 241
Needles: Size 7 dpns
Notes: These were a fast knit and I love the pattern! I also fell hopelessly in love with Noro Silk Garden too. I am planning on knitting a matching scarf and am also knitting a second set for a friend. The little ball is how much yarn I had left from the one skein.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home