Friday, December 14, 2007

Funky or Not?

I recently finished my second pair of Maine Morning Mitts and am not sure what to think about them. The first pair turned out ok (other than a wonky thumb) in Noro Silk Garden #241:


Here's the 2nd pair:

UGH....These were suppose to be for a friend to give as part of her Secret Santa gift. I don't know the recipient other than she's "artsy" and liked the color purple which is why I went with Noro's Silk Garden Color #37. To me, they are just too different....too funky. I already told my friend it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she decided not to give them. I know some people who would love a funky pair like this, but for others the colors may be too different. It's hard to believe these were knit with the same skein of yarn.

What do you y'all think, too funky-or not?

Up next: Some mittens -Ravelry link-(for previously mentioned friend). I'm excited to try knitting mittens and my friend is cool with any "design features" they may acquire.

5 Comments:

At 12/14/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Well, not too funky for me, but I'd be nervous about giving them to someone I didn't know... (I'm no help, am I?)

And if you can knit fingerless mitts, you can knit mittens!

 
At 12/15/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

To be perfectly honest, I really like the mitts. The colors still coordinate really well and you can see where the color moves from the bottom of one mitt to the top of the other. However, I can be somewhat fearless when it comes to accessories.

 
At 12/15/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

I say go for it!

 
At 12/17/2007 , Blogger Calicoknits said...

For what it's worth - I like the colors but then I'm easy - Anyone who would turn up their nose at handmade anything doesn't deserve them.

 
At 12/18/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

amy, i like them.
go for it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home