Sunday, December 02, 2007

Back From the Beach!

I made it back from the beach early this p.m. I'm tired but can still look back on the trip with happy memories despite the hauling of bag after bag up 3 flights of stairs for 2 days (with help from my friend)! Mom is all settled in and I swear does not need to buy anything for 3 months-heh!

Here are the highlights:

The water was a gorgeous blue-green as we crossed the causeway. This picture does not do it justice!

Our first afternoon we enjoyed lunch at Daddy's and had the best Shrimp bisque EVER! It's now become a must-go-to place every time we're down there.

We also stopped and watched some kitesurfers-who happened to be from MN! We learned you use a lot of your "core" muscles doing this and they were hoping for a little more wind that day.

I think the highlight of my trip was watching the Annual Lighted Boat Parade. We ate dinner at Louie's and sat on the top balcony while about 8 local boats all decked out in lights floated by. It was so much fun! Next year I'd like to be on the one of the boats!-I realize these pictures just look like black blobs in this size, but if you enlarge them, it will help.

1 Comments:

At 12/04/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

sounds like you had a great time. Glad you back home safely. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home