Thursday, November 29, 2007

Herbs and Cheese



A shopping list consisting of an assortment of herbs and cheeses can only mean one thing-my mom's coming to town! She's flying into S.A. later this evening to begin her "Wintering" on South Padre Island. Being the foodie she is, she wanted to have her own herb garden for her balcony, so last week I nabbed the last few fresh herb plants in town although I did not find thyme and decided to plant some just to see if it would grow. This afternoon I visited Central Market and picked up the cheeses- Roquefort is sure stinky!

Tomorrow a friend of mine and I will be driving Mom down and getting her set up in the condo. Dad will be coming down in a few weeks by car (he still has some meetings to go to). Since her condo is on the 3rd floor-with no elevator-I'm sure I'll be getting my exercise in! I'm not looking forward to climbing 3 flights of stairs several times, but I AM looking forward to the sand, the beach, and some great seafood!

2 Comments:

At 11/29/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

I want to run away with you!!! hide me in the trunk...shh don't tell the kids where i've gone. :D

 
At 11/30/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm...Tilamook. I don't care if it's cold or warm, I'll take hanging out with a block of cheese any day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home