Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cleansing the Palate


After 3 months of projects using size 2 dpns, I felt it was time for a change. Out came my fish with their size 8 straights. What a difference!! Yes, I'm back on the fish. At this point, I'm just dabbling and really need to re-assess where I'm at with my goal of 160.

Check out the wine I stumbled across at a local T a r g e t best served while knitting: Barking Sheep Wine.

It really is pretty good and I love the label!

Some other new discoveries:

To me it tastes like the liquid version of a cherry tootsie pop. I guess if I wanted that taste, I'd go ahead and have the tootsie pop. A friend from work thought it tasted like cherry cough syrup, but another absolutely loves it! So if it sounds like that flavor is up your alley, go for it-I'll pass though.

Another new discovery I made the other day was this:
My usual S.B. order is a n/f caramel macchiato but at the suggestion of the barista tried an "upside down" version and LOVED IT!!!! I didn't know such a thing even existed and will try the iced version one of these days too.

Speaking of S.B., am I the only one who has an "in town" S.B. name and "Out of Town" S.B. name? My in town name is my own name, but when I'm out of town (or not in my general area), my alter ego is "Ally" or whatever other name pops out of my mouth at the time. I'll do this when leaving a name while waiting for a table at a restaurant too. It's goofy but oh so fun-try it!!

5 Comments:

At 3/13/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

i would forget the name i gave them. lol

 
At 3/14/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

You're like a knitting double agent!!

 
At 3/14/2008 , Blogger Amysatx said...

Sometimes it does take a minute or two to register that they are calling my "out of town" name. "Ally" was just the latest one (I've used "Ginger" and "Sparkles" too).

 
At 3/14/2008 , Blogger janna said...

Sparkles! I don't think I would have the nerve to say my name was Sparkles! And, yeah, I'm afraid I'd forget what name I gave them. But now I might need to try it...

 
At 3/16/2008 , Blogger dawn said...

i saw a kid drink that soda and i just couldn't wrap my mind around the tastes all in one can.

i love the alias sparkles, amy.

have a great spring break, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home