Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Outback Dilemma

I need some advice on what to do. Here's the situation: My S-I-L gave DH a gift certificate to the Outback restaurant a few months ago for his birthday. He gave it to me for safe keeping.

Here's the state of my desk these days:

What you don't see are shelves (and drawers) that are just as cluttered around it. Normally it's not this messy but in the summer I tend to bring school stuff home for safe keeping and I'm in the process of taking care of end-of-summer vacation business so many appts are being made (Dr.'s, vet, car, hair, etc.) which adds to the clutter.

He's been dropping hints about wanting to use the gift card. I have searched high and low for that damn gift card and I can't find it. CRAP! I know if I tell him I've lost it he'll make snippy remarks(not in a mean ugly way, but more annoying) for the next hundred years about how I lose things and my desk should be better organized-hey I can find things 99% of the time. I mentally divide my desk into the United States and remember things by their location. The highlighting tape? Why that's in Washington (in a basket). The bills to be mailed-Kansas. Get it!?

I remember him handing me the card and I also remember thinking wherever it was put down wasn't a good spot and I needed to move it. I didn't move it..

Soooo...I'm going to look one more time in every possible place. Here's where you come in, if I don't find it, should I just go and buy another one ($25.00) and he'll be none the wiser or fess up?

7 Comments:

At 8/05/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Nah, just tell him. It's only a temporary loss anyway. I'll bet it will turn up when you least expect it and hey you can go again! :D

 
At 8/05/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Good Luck!

Sorry premature posting of this response. heh :D

 
At 8/05/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

I say fess up and tell him it fell into the Gulf of Mexico (off the desk...) hee hee!

 
At 8/05/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you put it in the U.S.? Could you have placed it in a foreign country? Good luck.

 
At 8/05/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I"d go buy another one. However, Enid and Bezzie are obviously better at being married than I was, so maybe you should take their advice, instead!

 
At 8/07/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd buy another, but when you are at dinner fess up.

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Amanda said...

What if he actually found it and knows that you do not know where it is and is just testing you? If you buy another then he will know you are lying. I would just fess up. It is bound to turn up sooner or later.

Also, does he not have a wallet? If he gets upset, remind him that he is an adult and he can keep up with his own things from now on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home