Saturday, July 15, 2006

Childlike knitting

As I completed my third square for Warming Grace, I still wasn't happy with the quality of the work. 100% cotton shows off every deviation in thread tension. When I look at the first square I did, it was like a map of that evening, I could tell when I got tired or when I wasn't paying attention because the stitches were loose, I could also tell when my DH had said/done something to annoy me and the stitches are too tight. It reminded me of a "Friends" episode when Monica and Chandler are trying to adopt and their friend Joey (who is somewhat simple minded) wrote a letter of recommendation/support for the adoption agency. When Monica and Chandler found out they were going to be able to adopt, the agency person commented on how touched they were by "Little Joey's" letter, thinking he was 8 years old (instead of 30 something). I feel like the person sewing all these blocks is going to think the same thing, "Ohhh look! A youngster knit these! How precious!" or posted on the website will have the caption : Knitted Blocks By Children and there will be my blocks, not knitted by a child, but by a 30 something year old...sigh... With each square/block I knit it does look better. I'm not sure how many will make the cut and how many will end up as dishrags.


I also discovered what I called, the "Knitter's Rubik's Cube." That's when your yarn becomes one big mass of spaghetti noodles and you end up spending hours trying to untangle it....good times....As I was untangling the blob, it reminded me of the patience and thinking that also goes into solving the Rubik's Cube and viola-it came to me....the Knitter's Rubik's cube. Maybe it's something I could market :-) Put a huge wad of tangled yarn in a ziplock bag...Hours of enjoyment!!!

3 Comments:

At 7/15/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend who calls tangled yarn "Yarn Vomit." I think I like Rubik's Cube better.

 
At 7/15/2006 , Blogger janna said...

I could have sworn I invented wads of tangled yarn....

 
At 7/15/2006 , Blogger Amysatx said...

Yarn vomit is a good description too!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home