Sunday, December 03, 2006

Made With Love

Today I felt the itch to cook. I guess it had something to do with the cooler weather that made me long for some comfort foods and try some new recipes in the process. Of course DH was thrilled with some "home cooking."

First up were Melt-in-Your Mouth Pecan Rolls. This was a new recipe I thought I might want to make for the upcoming holidays. They were yummy!!!


For dinner, I decided to go with meatloaf, mashed potatoes and bacon wrapped asparagus bundles. Everyone has their favorite version of meatloaf and this one is mine. It's the Ann Lander's recipe for meatloaf . It was published in the paper several years back and after trying it, I've come back to it again and again. The other new recipe I tried today was for the Bacon/Asparagus Bundles. These were incredible! I'm glad I followed the suggestions to partially cook the bacon before wrapping the bundles. I would add more asparagus per bundle than what I did. They did make for such a pretty presentation (fast and easy too!!) and plan on making them for Christmas dinner.


Finally, I continued working on my scarf for my brother's Christmas present. I started my second yarn ball and will probably need three before it's the length I'm looking for. It is knitting up fast and I highly recommended it for a quick project. Here are the details:

Project: Men's Cashmere Scarf
Book: Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Lion Brand Cashmere Blend-Charcoal color
Needles: US 11 (I'm finally able to use my Bella Blue handpainted leopard print needles.)


Have a good week!

3 Comments:

At 12/03/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Your dinner looks fantastic!

 
At 12/03/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Meat loaf! Now I'm craving it. Sometimes I'll mix ketchup with a little brown sugar and spread it on the top... And the asparagus looks great - I'll have to try the recipe when the family is here for Christmas.

 
At 12/06/2006 , Blogger Michelle said...

Dang, now I'm hungry again! That food looked yummy!

So does the scarf! Where did you get that yarn?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home