Monday, June 04, 2007

May Fish Challenge

Still in Minnesota but wanted to give an update on my May fish challenge.

I was successful and did "Knit a Fish A Day in May!" But when I got to the 31st fish, I didn't much care to knit a fish for awhile. I've started a new project(fingerless gloves) with some yarn I purchased at this store. I really had a good time there and purchased the book One Skein Wonders along with lots of yarn and a few patterns (Needless to say I'm having to send some things home by mail since it will not all fit in my suitcases-hee!) My sister also purchased a book and some yarn. Pics will have to wait until I get back to San Antonio this weekend-my Dad doesn't have the card reader I need for my camera.

I love having sisters who knit!! My other sister visited this weekend but didn't bring her knitting. Although we all three knit-we also have very different knitting personalities. Older sister never follows a pattern and knits a lot of artistic type scarves and wall art. Her latest interest is in Tunisian crochet. My younger sister loves to knit funky things in bright colors. I like basic things and prefer to follow a pattern.

It's rained every day I've been here which has made for great reading and knitting time, but little else. The temps have been quite cool, I may experience temps in the upper 30's lower 40's by the end of the week-yikes! I know I'll be in for quite a shock on Friday where the temp in SA is expected to get to 94.

We haven't launched the boat yet either. Hopefully that will happen before I leave-if it ever stops raining and there aren't so many blasted bugs!!!

1 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Sounds like you're having a good time!!

My one sister taught me to knit, but it never took as much as it did with me with her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home