Monday, May 28, 2007

Minnnesota Update

Greetings from Northern Minnesota!

It's hard to believe it's already Monday. Saturday, my sister picked me up from the airport in Duluth and within an hour we had stopped at our first yarn store-Yarn Harbor. What a fun little store! No pressure and lots of yarn to choose from. I ended up purchasing 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the colorway known as "Lakeview" which was appropriate since I was headed up to the cabin-on a lake.

The second yarn store we stopped at by far had the BEST view. It was located right on the shores of Lake Superior and aptly named, Playing With Yarn. I'd never seen so much yarn in such a small space before! They had an awesome Noro selection (sis bought some) but I ended up buying 2 skeins of Mountain Colors Bearfoot sock yarn in Yellowstone and Winter Sky. I've decided to buy sock yarn at all the yarn stores I visit while on my trip. I also bought some Elsebeth Lavold cotton yarn in some warm earthy tones to make a dishcloth for my kitchen.

I brought fish to knit, a blanket I'd been working on, but now I want to knit socks! I'll hit the yarn store in Ely one day this week and may end up purchasing some dpns for socks and of course more sock yarn!

4 Comments:

At 5/29/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

Tell us Texans what we really want to know. How cool is it? Do you need AC up there?

But the yarn stuff is good, too!

I miss ya, girl!

 
At 5/29/2007 , Blogger Amanda said...

Have a fantastic time and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

 
At 5/30/2007 , Blogger coastergirl said...

OOHHH Jealousy - your stash enhancement looks lovely - love the Mountain Colors yarn - Checked out the website - loved the crazy woman and moondance colors...hmmm one of those is the title of my fave Van Morrison song and the other..well..could be a descriptor...hmmm have a super time...

 
At 6/04/2007 , Blogger Betsy said...

sister....e-mail me at ketsim1975@hotmail.com I don't have your other e-mail addy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home