Sunday, June 10, 2007

Let the Unpacking Begin!



Yes, I'm back in "Big-T." Actually my flight got in around 5:30 p.m. on Friday. I was exhausted Fri. p.m. and most of yesterday too. The heat and humidity had drained me of all energy. It was quite a temperature change for me. Now, I'm beginning to get acclimated to the Texas temps again.

The flights both ways were good (I hadn't flown since before 9/11 so there were quite a few changes) and I had an assortment of experiences (sitting next to a crying baby, near a lady doped up on dramamine who wouldn't shut up, bumpy flight with lots of turbulents, tight connections (only enough time to visit the restroom before boarding on the next flight), and lucking out by having the middle seat vacant. I've come to the conclusion that although I once LOVED to fly and looked upon it as an adventure, I now tolerate it. I'd much rather fly than drive, but it's not my favorite thing. Maybe I need to try flying First Class one of these days.

Even though the weather in MN was mostly rainy, it was at least cool..or even cold by Texas standards. I loved that!!! I've got lots of stories and pics to share in my upcoming blog entries-stay tuned!!

Time to go get ready because believe it or not, I've got a teacher workshop to go to today....Sunday.... Actually I think the organizers were pretty smart. The workshop is 1/2 day today (which means no SNB for me-Wah!!!), all day tomorrow and Tuesday and then half a day on Wednesday (morning only). I guess they figured finishing Wed. morning would allow all those flying or had significant drives to get out of town at a reasonable time. So, I'll be spending the next few days dealing with downtown traffic and learning all I can about struggling adolescent readers.

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

you had me at crying baby.
glad you are back girlita.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home