Sunday, August 05, 2007

Bottomless Mimosas



I'm definitely digging our new SnB time, Sundays 12:30 or so til 4:00 (or so). Even better is the fact that since we now go during their brunch time, we can get bottomless mimosas (and enjoy a nice brunch with friends)! Who'd have thought how well knitting and mimosas go together!! Knit a little bit, then visit the mimosa station:




Plus since the coffee house technically closes down from 2-4 (although if you are already there, they'll let you hang out and get coffee) we get the place to ourselves. Then at 4:00 we end our time with some delicious cake and coffee.

On the knitting front, I'm still weaving in those pesky ends on the blanket mentioned in the previous entry. I am seeing a glimmer of light at the end of my fish knitting tunnel. I just finished my last coral fish:


and only have 5 yellow fish, 13 purple fish, and 12 blue fish left. Woo hoo!

I'm also working on knitting one of these as a surprise gift for DH (hedgies are kind of an inside joke for us). I love the fact that he's not a knitter-when asked what I was knitting, he could look at this:

and believe me when I tell him I'm knitting a scarf-hee! The hedgie pattern is a dream to knit to although I'm not seeing the hedgehog aspect yet. I've read in several places to "trust the pattern-it works" and received some confirmation from others that have knit animals that I am indeed on the right track. I sure hope he/she turns out as cute as the pics.

2 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

You are so darned sweet and adorable! I'm glad you can feel your forehead...!

Great progress on the knitting, especially the fish!

 
At 8/06/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new knitting time! What a fabulous idea. Now I'm completely bummed that I'm not there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home