Monday, August 13, 2007

My Monday


I hets cleanin' day!

After spending yesterday doing absolutely nothing, I decided today was cleaning day. It's probably going to be the hottest day of the year, but as I enter my last week of summer vacation I wanted to get the household chores done for the week. Poor Sophie has a hard time finding a place that's out of my way as she gives the eyes of doom to the vacuum cleaner.


As I was getting the clean sheets out of the linen closet I spotted this:

A new place to store yarn!

Speaking of storing yarn. I found these ginormous ziplock bags to keep my yarn in.


After finishing the upstairs I decided to hit the recycling bins at the nearby middle school, get some gas, and replenish myself with some tea.

There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than some B.M. sweet tea!!!

Did some cleaning downstairs and now am just feeding the washer and dryer when needed. Boy will I be glad when everything is done!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Saturday evening I got together with some knitting friends and had a yarn swap(with yarn from our stashes). Here was my contribution to the potluck:


It made a huge amount, the recipe says it serves 8-10 but I would say 15-18. It's a great salad to take to a potluck since it doesn't use mayo and it ages well (actually tastes better the next day!)

I came home from the party with some goodies:


Chris was a great hostess with the cutest puppy ever and even provided goodie bags. Mine contained some yarn sleeves, coil needle holders, and a crochet hook! I also went home with some Sockotta yarn in colors I adore! A great time was had by all and look forward to our next get together!

4 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

That salad looks delish! Bet it's nice in the heat too.

I'm not sure about that BM sweat tea. I came, I tried, I didn't like. :-P

 
At 8/13/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That salad does look great.

lurv the BM sweet tea. Mmmm.

 
At 8/15/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

You have inspired me to get off my butt and get some more cleaning done! Thanks. Thanks a lot.

The salad was delish. I agree, Chris was a lovely hostess.

 
At 8/16/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

HEH, it must be in the stars or the moon or something we did some major purging of "stuff" in our house too.

I hetz it too.
But it feels so good when its all done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home