Sunday, December 23, 2007

Daddy's Girl

This is a favorite picture of both my Dad and I from 1972 (day he received his M.A. in School Administration). It had been sitting on his dresser from as far back as I can remember and he gave it to me-frame and all last summer.


Today he stopped by my house on his way to be with Mom in S. Padre for the rest of the Winter. It was so good to see him. We were worried about him driving by himself from Northern MN to S.A. with the bad weather the Midwest was having, but he made it safe and sound. Cell phones are great (even though he accidentally turned the ringer off and couldn't figure out how to turn it back on-at least he could call us with location updates.)

He brought some gifts:
A bird bath that had been up at the family cabin but didn't really go with their decor. If you look carefully, there's a MN leaf in it I just can't bear to take out.


He also brought the bench to go with the family table I inherited (it'd been coming down in pieces over the last year-whatever parts they could fit in their van). It means so much to me to have the kitchen table handcrafted by my Dad and Grandpa 30 some years ago.

On the table are several jars of locally made jam Mom knew I'd love. He also brought the trumpet I played while in high school (can you tell they're downsizing?).

He only stayed long enough to eat a banana and offer up some D.I.Y. tips. He was anxious to to hit the beach and see my Mom. DH and I will be planning a visit down there in a few weeks.

Some updates:
Remember these funky colored mitts I was worried about?

Well, the recipient loved them-especially the colors! What a relief!

Here's where I'm at with my first pair of mittens:

Not as far as I would like but am hoping with the cooler weather and vacation days I'll be able to spend more time knitting.

2 Comments:

At 12/24/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Great picture! It made me kinda misty cuz you look to be about as old as Chunky was when his daddy got his post-grad degree.

And lucky you to get those other downsizing things! My parents just hold garage sales. If I'm lucky I get a call letting me know they're selling XYZ from my childhood..hahahaha!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/25/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

you look exactly the same, amy!
your dad was HOT!

merry Christmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home