Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Knitting Content!

I figured I should post some knitting content since this is, after all, a knitting blog. Soooo..Here's what's on the needles these days:
I'm still working on the mittens for a friend of mine. The first one is finished and my knitting esteem grew by leaps and bounds when last night at SnB a customer at the coffee shop came up to our knitting group and sang such praise of the mitten. I was such a proud mitten knittin' mama! There's nothing better than people truly admiring your work-flaws and all. She was a knitter/crocheter herself so she appreciated the time/effort it takes. We invited her to our next get together-hopefully she comes!

I was able to add to my knitting book collection over the past few weeks with the help of some online bookstores and H@lf Priced books. Missing from the picture is, 101 Designer One Skein Wonders.

I also visited Etsy where I ordered some Yarn/Needle earrings and Snowflake stitch markers. I love them both!

I also bought lots of yarn, but its upstairs in my "craft/crap" room. Stay tuned for future projects!

School funny: You know things are stressful(it's the end of the 1st semester-grades, exams) when teachers want to throw a parade for you because you filled the empty salt shaker in the teacher's lounge-hee! I saw yesterday it was empty so I brought my canister of salt and filled it up and heard yelps of joy during lunch-it's the little things! Now all we need is a v @ l i u m saltlick and we'll really be happy campers.

4 Comments:

At 1/16/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Ohh...Half Price Books, how I miss you!!!

Great mittens--and I love those earrings--very cute!

 
At 1/16/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I was so excited when I saw a Half Price Books in Cedar Rapids - I thought they were only in Texas!

Are mittens fun? And quick! And useful on those 2 days of winter in San Antonio! ;-)

 
At 1/17/2008 , Blogger Amanda said...

Your mittens are coming along nicely (great color too!)

I would *need* a v@lium saltlick if I were a teacher for sure! I admire you!

 
At 1/18/2008 , Blogger dawn said...

i am so laughing over a possible vitamin V saltlick in the lounge, girl.

your earrings & stitchmarkers are soooo adorable. when you wear them, grab me so i can ooh & aah.

stay warm today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home