Wednesday, March 19, 2008

17 Fish Left!!!

I started knitting fish again last week, not really knowing how many I had left. Today I hauled out all the fish and decided to do a count. I was shocked to see I only have 17 ( of the 160) left to knit (10 blue, 7 purple). The end is in sight!!!!!

Here's what the blanket looked like when I had 33 left ( I wasn't about to take the time to lay it out again).

There are two flowers I miss the most from Minnesota, hydrangas and lilacs.

I went to Sam's today and melted when I saw these hydrangas. I couldn't help myself and bought three plants and am not sure how to take care of them-they didn't come with any instructions. I'm planning on heading to a nearby nursery tomorrow and also do some internet research, but was wondering if anyone has had any luck with them in Texas? Wish me luck!!

Another awesome thing that happened fairly recently was that I won Amanda's yarn naming contest for her Etsy store. I bring you, Aurora Borealis. I can hardly wait to knit it into socks-just need to decide on the pattern.

5 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 , Blogger janna said...

Good luck with the hydrangeas -- I have no idea what you do to get them to grow in Texas, short of planting them indoors!

I can't believe you've only got 17 fish left. And just a little bit of seaming.... ;-)

 
At 3/20/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Hm, keep them out of direct sun???? They are gorgeous!

Oh man only 17 left!!! WOO!

I'm knitting some LSA socks right now and loving them!

 
At 3/20/2008 , Blogger Amanda said...

only 17!? Woo hoo! Those will be finished in no time!

 
At 3/20/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My grandmother always said you should plant hydrangeas on the north side of the house. And I think you can change the color of the blooms by changing the PH of the soil they are planted in. We have beautiful hydrangeas in North East Texas. They are my favorite, too. Good Luck!

 
At 3/21/2008 , Blogger dawn said...

amy, there is a house by the school and by my house that has beautiful mature hydrangeas planted in the shade. gorgeous. the kind that makes me want to go to sam's and buy them, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home