Friday, August 08, 2008

Found it!

Hey-I just realized that today's date is 08/08/08!

YES!!! I found the wayward giftcard. Believe it or not, I found it about an hour after posting my last blog post when I was looking through my desk drawers with a fine tooth comb. It was in a ziplock bag among a bunch of paint sample cards. I don't even remember putting it there. When I came across the ziplock I almost didn't bother looking knowing it was just paint samples and a CD or two but then decided to look through and came across a plain-type card and sure enough it was DH's birthday card with the giftcard enclosed.

We used it this evening and the food was so-so but the Chocolate Chocolate Tower cake was fantastic!

The sun is setting on my summer vacation. I had my first taste of being back to work with a 3 hour meeting/planning session today. I have some work to do this weekend (I'm presenting at New Teacher Orientation next week). I have training to attend on Monday and Tuesday, training to give on Wednesday and Thursday, Friday will probably find me getting a head start cleaning my desks and such. My first "official" day back is Monday the 18th though. All this thinking about the upcoming school year caused me to finally turn the calendar by my desk to August (I thought if I kept it on July my vacation would last longer).


My day was made today with the arrival of some hand-spun goodness, with some cool notecards added fromĀ Bezzie's monthly K.A.Y.E. contest.


Here's a better photo of the yarn from her site. I love it! Thanks so much!!

3 Comments:

At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

So what state was the GC in exactly? Have I mentioned I love that way of thinking????

Glad the yarn came. I feel like a schlub, I said I'd mail it on MOnday but I had to mail it Wednesday--school registration on Monday, and flat tire on Tuesday!

 
At 8/08/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Thanks for stopping by and posting a comment. :D

See I told you, you would find your card. :D :D

 
At 8/11/2008 , Blogger J said...

Beautiful yarn!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home