Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Progress

Not a whole lot has been happening in my world of knitting and reading for the last week or so due to the preparations for the start of the new school year(and hour after hour of mind-numbing meetings), but here's what's "In progress." I'm hoping to find my way back to these projects in the next week.

1. Special Olympics Scarf

I'm really not fond of working with the specified yarn (there's nothing like the smell of acrylic trapped in a ziplock bag), but it's a fun project for a great cause! I'm boring and am knitting a suggested pattern but any pattern will work as long as you have the required yarn.

2. Clapotis
I'm in the throws of "Straight Row H * ll." I've already done 13 straight row repeats and need to do at least another 10-argh!!!!!!! I plan on finishing the Special Olympic scarf and then getting back to this.

3. I'm also 2/3 of the way done with this book. I am sooo not a vampire lovin' reader but really got hooked on this series. So far it's not my favorite book in the series but is definitely keeping my interest.

Off to purchase some last minute goodies for the first day with kiddos tomorrow! It's always a relief to get started and get our routines going. I don't think I could handle another week of meetings!

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I wasn't thrilled with Breaking Dawn, but I'm not sure I would have really been happy with any ending. (And I just deleted a couple sentences about how I think I would have liked it to end, then deleted them to avoid spoilers!)

 
At 8/25/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo..I like that scarf project better than a different "in" scarf project that's starting back up again. ;-)

 
At 8/25/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

Now I understand what that clapotis is suppose to be doing. That is gorgeous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home