Saturday, October 07, 2006

Knitty McQUIRKYpants

Thank you to Kristin for this "Quirky" meme. It was pretty fun "owning up" to the crazy things I do.

Six Quirks

Quirk-

A noun 1. a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism

1. Water bottles must be on the top shelf in the fridge. When my DH puts the water bottles in the fridge they are all over the place. That drives me nuts. I end up moving them so they are all on the top shelf and usually clustered together.

2. I am an early bird. I have this fear of being late for things so I almost always show up to events early. I also don't want to be the first person to arrive at a meeting or party, so I'll sit in my car until at least one other person arrives.
See??? Quirky!!!

3. I clean in series of "3's." I vacuum each area of the rug three times(usually in different directions), wipe the counters three times, mop three times, scrub the shower/tub three times if I want to do a "thorough" cleaning.

4. I'm not much of a phone person and will almost always screen my calls at the house. I'm an equal opportunity screener: friends, family, telemarketers. It's usually due to the fact I'm really in to what I'm doing at the moment and know I won't be actively involved in the conversation at that point(I hate talking to people who are obviously distracted) or am tired and grumpy(I'd rather talk to you when I'm in better spirits). I almost always answer my cell phone although I hardly have it turned on unless I'm in the car or shopping.

5. I buy fruit in odd numbers: 5 apples, 3 pears, 7 bananas, etc. I'll even buy "1" of something so the final total # of fruit is an odd number.

6. I like matching hangars. All the plastic hangars in my closet need to be at list the same color although different shades of that color are ok.

What are YOUR quirks?

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Things in threes, huh? Maybe some meds are in order? :-)

 
At 10/08/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

Possible OCD going on here? JK! I share some of your quirks.

 
At 10/09/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the matching hangers too--I don't think you're OCD--just quirky like the rest of us!

 
At 10/11/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something going on with odd numbers?

HMMMMm?

that was interesting to read. I see I share some of your quirks as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home