Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hands Off! He's All Mine!!

That's right, I said it! This fashion icon is mine and mine alone! I am sooo lucky!

Imagine my horror after returning from some yarn buying and still basking in the afterglow to open the door to this. EEEEEK! MY EYES, MY EYES!!!! When I asked my DH why in the world he was wearing such a horrible combination (Hawaiian print shirt, jean shorts, black dress socks, and brown ankle boots). His response: "I was thinking of wearing these shoes this week and wanted to see how they felt." Thank the heavens above he knows better than to go out in public like this!! After I got over my initial horror and then laughing fit...I told him I wanted to blog it and after some convincing that I wouldn't post his face, he obliged for a photo-hee!

This rivals the time I came home from work to find out that he had practiced using the new dog grooming clipper on himself and used the wrong blade. He had no hair in the side of his head!!! He ended up having to give himself a "shave" on each side of his head and left a little hair on top. He had to wear a cap for a few weeks after that everywhere he went! Lucky for him it happened before I started blogging.

In other news:
I realized Friday I cannot drink 2 margaritas(sangria swirls) and then knit, or at least knit correctly. Evidentally counting up to five was too challenging and ended up tinking the one row I tried to do. Who needs a breathalizer-just ask someone to knit one row of the MD ball band warshrag to see if they're drunk or not! After undoing the damage I did to the warshrag, I "fell asleep" at 8 p.m. then woke up around 1 a.m. and finished reading Debbie Macomber's latest novel, 6 Rainier Drive, I really enjoyed it!

Saturday I finished my latest MD warshrag and started a turkey warshrag (I'll post a pic when I finish) to use as a possible hostess gift for Thanksgiving. I also made some "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" cookies. I used the "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie" recipe on the container of the oatmeal and instead of raisins, added 3 kinds of chocolate chips (dark, semi-sweet, milk), toffee pieces, walnuts and left out most of the cinnamon. They are YUMMY!!



Today I'm hoping the finish my MD nesting boxes, get them seamed and ready for felting; finish a fish, and continue working on my turkey cloth. I guess I better wash some clothes and do some housework too. I don't think people will understand seeing me in stained clothes with a carpet that needs vacuuming saying, "But my fish knitting is done for the day, wanna see?"

5 Comments:

At 9/10/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

Oh Amy your post made me laugh out loud! It sounds like DH is a try-anything-once kinda guy.

 
At 9/10/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you're still in love with the guy after such a scary fashion move. You're a strong woman!

 
At 9/11/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's here it for the Adventurer!!!

Hip HIP HOorray

 
At 9/12/2006 , Blogger Betsy said...

tell DH he's got some sexy legs!

 
At 9/14/2006 , Blogger Amysatx said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback on DH's photo! He acted all embarrassed but the first thing he did when his sister came over the other night was made sure I showed her my blog with his pic. What a ham!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home