Sunday, August 27, 2006

Knee Slappin' Swatch Makin' Saturday

Most of Saturday was spent with my fellow SnBer's at Melanie's house helping knit up some swatches for the October opening of her S.A. yarn store, Yarnivore. I met up with Kim at Border's and we were chitchatting so much on the ride over we missed our turn! We finally arrived at Melanie's shortly after 1 p.m. to see Janna, Susan, Mary, Eileen, Enid, and blogless Debra knitting up some swatches surrounded by good food, good conversation and GREAT yarn!!! Blogless Claudine arrived shortly after we did and joined in the fun. Melanie's instructions were to find some yarn from the McDreamy Yarn Box and knit a swatch. She also mentioned that we could knit up project samples including socks, hats, etc. I momentarily panicked when I realized Melanie didn't know my current knitting repetoire only consists of squares (warshrags), rectangles (scarves and boxes), and fish! After confessing my lack of circular skills(Melanie assured me I would do just fine), I started on a rectangle (scarf) and was off and running. The first shift of knitters departed I think around 4ish, Kim and I stayed and knit with the second shift of knitters and finally left a little after 6:00.


Here's Janna, Eileen, and Kim.

Mary and Melanie were having too much fun with the Sari yarn!


Enid's basking either in the glow of her pregnancy or the yummy yarn!

2 Comments:

At 8/27/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nut! It was a great time! You can knit more. Just dive in and see what happens.

 
At 8/28/2006 , Blogger Enid said...

We did have a great time. I enjoyed it a lot. Especially when I get to spend time with you crazy and wild knitters. Woohoo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home