Monday, September 04, 2006

Sophie and TOADS





I figured it was about time I posted some pics of my "Sophie." Sophie is the sweetest cocker spaniel I've ever seen which is a good thing since she would not qualify for doggie MENSA for sure! Sophie is modeling my TOADS.
TOADS??
Yes TOADS!!!

While reading the latest Knit Simple magazine I came across an article that mentioned several knitting acronyms. It mentioned the usual ones of: FO's, AFO's, WIP's, UFO's, In the Queue's, and then some acronyms that were new to me. The first was "HALFPINT" which I initally thought of as being related to Laura Ingalls Wilder from Little House on the Prairie (her nickname from Pa). No connection, actually HALFPINT stands for "Have a Lovely Fantasy Project, I've No Time." Ideas that will have to wait until the right moment. hmmmm...I can think of a few that would fit into that category.

The other acronym new to me was "TOAD" which stands for Trashed Object, Abandoned in Disgust. I actually have 3 TOADS. The first is an abandoned fingerless black glove, the second is the horrible, what was I thinking, keyhole scarf I made way too long (looks like a chenille tie gone bad) with the ugliest yarn out there. The third TOAD (not pictured) was a mossy green scarf that I abandoned months ago, tried to pick up again and then just gave up in disgust. The yarn was HORRIBLE to knit with and I could never get the same count of stitches on each row.

I guess as a mini-Meme here are my responses to the acronyms:

FO: A fish!
AFO (almost finished object-needs, darning, blocking or seaming): Fish!
WIP: MD warshrag, MD nesting boxes, more fish!
UFO: 1/2 fish where I ran out of that particular color of yarn
In the Queue: IPod cozy, more warshrags and fish
HALFPINTS: Lady Eleanor scarf, scarf for my Wild Prism yarn, Huggable Hedgehogs, Chocolate Covered Cherry Jacket
TOADS: black fingerless gloves, mossy green eyelash yarn scarf, keyhole scarf

If you are reading this then you are officially tagged to complete your knitting acronym list!

4 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophie is so damn cute! My Cecil is half Cocker and he's a cutie, too!

 
At 9/04/2006 , Blogger janna said...

Not only is Sophie cute, but what a good sport she is, too! She looks so eager to wear those TOADs for you.

 
At 9/04/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

She is so cute!

 
At 9/05/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

I'm laughing so hard at Sophie with the TOAD on her head!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home