Saturday, September 23, 2006

First Day of Autumn?

It's hard to believe it's the first day of Autumn when at 6:00 this morning the temperature was 81 degrees. 81 DEGREES!!!! What happened to the cool crisp mornings of FALL? sigh..I know I know...I'm not living in MN anymore.... Why was I up so early on a Saturday morning? You can thank a sick dog for that-cleaning up vomit and poo are not my ideas of a good time (she's fine now). Good thing she's so cute! And also appears to like knitting...

What I should have been doing this afternoon:

Yes, I have lots of grading to do, AND I forgot(in my rush to get to Happy Hour) my freakin' EZ Grader at work so I'll have to resort to the ol' calculator for percentages. Actually it's not as much as it appears, there are a few workbooks among the papers.

What I was doing instead of grading papers:

Here are my latest FO's, a vino dishcloth and a turkey. I stumbled across these on Jeremy's blog and, like her, plan on knitting up some more as part of hostess gifts for the holidays. They knit up really quickly (when you don't have a dog in your lap) and the frequent stitch changes keep you on your toes. Mine were both knit with Sugar 'n Cream worsted weight yarn. This Sunflower scrubbie pattern(scroll to 2nd page) just may make me learn how to crochet!!

3 Comments:

At 9/24/2006 , Blogger Jeremy said...

They look cute. I made the Vino already but haven't made the turkey yet. I have a baby sweater I need to finish first.

 
At 9/24/2006 , Blogger Kim said...

She is such a cute puppy! It would be hard to stay mad at her. Great dishcloths.

 
At 9/29/2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute pup!!
The washclothes are awesome.

You go with your badself!!
Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home