Monday, August 20, 2007

Am I Ready?



Well, ready or not, I reported back to work today-1st day back for the teachers. Students come next Monday. Actually I was ready to go back to work. I find I'm much more productive when my day has structure. I feel really good about going in to this school year compared to last year(new school, new position, new age group, oversized classes, not having a room for awhile-it all eventually got worked out). It will take awhile to get back into the groove of waking up early though.

This morning was spent going over policies and procedures(18th year's the charm!) and the afternoon we got to work in our rooms. I spent most of my afternoon washing all the desks, shelves and tables and ended the day with an hour long meeting. As you can see I visited the school supply aisle stocking up for the school year. The rest of the week will be filled with meetings and trainings with little bits of time to work in our rooms until Friday when we'll get the majority of the day to do so.

I haven't been knitting much (only at SnB's) so not much new to report on that front. I have been into reading though! I used to feel guilty when I'd go through these non-knitting phases. Now I embrace them, enjoy the break and look forward to when its new and exciting for me again.

5 Comments:

At 8/20/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

I love new school supplies! I wish I had an excuse to buy them.

 
At 8/20/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't want to rain on your parade--but how many more fish do you have to creat? Mollie & friend Clair are here. Having a fun/whatever time.u

 
At 8/20/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

gonna get sappy are you ready???

Have I ever said "Thank you" for putting yourself out there in the front lines. Being a teacher is a tough job.

:D

 
At 8/21/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

18th year? What did you start teaching when you were 12???????

I'm with Enid, anyone who can be a teacher is amazing in my book.

 
At 8/22/2007 , Blogger dawn said...

you will have a great year, amy!
i will see you soon...
and don't think i didn't notice that huge space under the desk...perfect place to stash more yarn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home