Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kid N Ewe Part 2-The Fiber!

Yesterday I talked about the fun of seeing fellow friends who feel the same way about fiber as I do. Today it's all about the yarn! I am so pleased with what I purchased and don't have any "buyer's remorse." So what if I'll be eating pb & j for awhile-hee!

My first purchase of the day was for two skeins of "Brown" from the Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co.-no link as far as I can tell.
They are based in Henderson,TX and truly were a thrill to find! We didn't expect to see anything of interest in "Building 3," boy were we surprised!
The hardest part was deciding on the colorway!

My second purchase was a planned one-Brooks Farm!

After a lengthy amount of time looking, feeling, and discussion. I wound up with 2 skeins of Acero (super wash wool, silk, viscose). One 8 oz skein in dark purples and blues (Clapotis here I come!), and then a 4 oz skein in solid purple (probably socks).

One of the most fun purchases I had was my 3rd one, some "Betsy" roving.

Marsh Mellow Meadows names their roving the name of the sheep it comes from. I couldn't resist getting one in my sister's name. Kim said she'd spin it up for me before I send it to sister Betsy! There was also one named "Janna" in bright pinks that I know Janna would have been tickled to see.

I also fell in love with and went home with some cashmere from Jojoland.


This will get knit into some gloves or mitts. Of course I just want to wear it around my neck!

My final stop at the day was at Amanda's booth where I purchased some sock yarn, needles and stitch markers.


I also purchased some yarn (not pictured) for my Coffee Swap partner that I'm hoping she'll like.

It was such a fun day! The hardest part will be making myself finish some projects before casting on for new ones!

4 Comments:

At 11/11/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

It took me a good 20 minutes or so to decide on a color at the Henderson, TX booth. I was thinking of using it for My So Called Scarf, but then one of the other women there suggested that the yarn would make a nice baby item. I agreed, so I got a baby-ish colorway. I had my eye on that brown though.

 
At 11/11/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul!

I can't tell you how much I miss y'all right now.

 
At 11/11/2007 , Blogger janna said...

So you're saying that somewhere out there, there's a pink sheep named Janna? Cool!

 
At 11/12/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

You and I bought the Henderson yarn in the same colors! What a hoot! I think I even bought some Acero in that same purple!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home