Saturday, November 03, 2007

My Two Cents


The latest Interweave:
I was not impressed with the models used in this issue; or rather how they were made-up. I mean, if this were an issue with all "everyday-type people" models doing their own hair and make-up I'd be ok, but it wasn't. My main issue with a majority of the models was their hair. The hairstyles were messy (not in a good way) and didn't seem to go with the look of the picture. Even the cover model had uncurled flyaway hairs obvious in the picture. I also had issues with the hair on the models on pages 48, 50 and 52. I found myself cringing at the hairstyles rather than looking at what they were wearing. I'm not usually this critical of the models used but I really have to say they detracted from my enjoyment of the magazine.

I did like the Refined Aran Jacket (I'd probably make it a little longer), Gathered Pullover (a little longer in length), the Ivy League Vest, but truly fell in love with the Celtic Tote. I'm going to definitely make that at some point!

Mental Health Days: I highly recommend them!

Wickles
:

I discovered these tasty pickles a few weeks ago and love the spicy sweet flavor they add to sandwiches! I found mine at Central Market.

This week's episode of The Office:
I thought it was pretty good-I'm glad they're back to 30 minute episodes, the hour-long ones tended to drag after a certain point. Favorite line: When Dwight says,"The eyes are the groin of the head." I also liked the idea of a "Finer Things" club, but without the hats. I didn't care for the Jim/Karen thing or that whole scenario. I was also hoping to see more of the Darryl and Kelly storyline.

St@rbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Blech!!! Three strikes and your out! I tried it three different times and just didn't care for it at all (and I loved these last year). Bring on the hot caramel apple cider and peppermint hot chocolate-in the red cups of course!!

The Weather:

Too WARM!! We're going to get into the mid-eighties for cripes sake!

7 Comments:

At 11/03/2007 , Blogger janna said...

Geez, I hadn't even noticed the messy hair until you mentioned it! And now, it's all I see! I'm also with you on the Pumpkin Latte'. I had never had one before this year, so I tried one, and didn't care for it at all.....

 
At 11/03/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Man I was flipping thru the mag at the LYS today and I was more disturbed by that one girl's straight bangs. I haven't had bangs like than since I was 5.

Hot pickles? I'm intrigued! I loved hot pickled okra..why not hot pickles?!

 
At 11/03/2007 , Blogger Courtney said...

The hair in the recent Interweave was truly terrible. It seemed to me that the whole issue lacked a certain flair. The models are usually great. I'm also with you on The Office being back to 30 minutes. I loved this week's episode. I'd forgotten all about Darryl and Kelly. I love those two together and I'd also like to see more of them.

 
At 11/03/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved the Celtic Bag, too! It was amazing!!

 
At 11/03/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

i thought the model on the cover looked like jenifer gardner...(sp?)

if you squint or glance at it fast. or close your eyes. LMAO.

 
At 11/04/2007 , Blogger Michelle said...

I second that Starbucks Pumpkin thing. Yech!

I still need to check out Central Market! At least now I know where it is.

 
At 11/04/2007 , Blogger ZaftigWendy said...

It's not just that the hair's messy, but that it's just bad. What total BLAH hairdos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home