Friday, November 02, 2007

Bagels and Pie



I stayed home from work today and decided to make the most of it. First thing that sounded good when my feet hit the floor were some bagels from Panera Bread. P.B. opened up their first S.A. restaurant about a month ago and as good as their soups and sandwiches are, I like their bagels best! Once rush hour traffic died down I hopped in my car and zipped down to get my bagel fix for the weekend. I also ended up stopping at my favorite pie shop, Janie's Pie Factory and decided to get one of her delicious pecan pies. I had never heard of her until I saw her win a pie championship on a Food Network show and saw her shop was in San Antonio! The pies aren't cheap, but are worth every penny in taste! Rather than wait a few more weeks, I figured I'd surprise D.H. with a pie now. She also has pre-made casseroles that are too good for words too! You will have to order pies ahead of time for the holidays though.

I was only home about 20 minutes before my next stop of the day, visiting my friend Kim! I packed up some bagels, cream cheese, coffee, the latest Interweave Knits and some knitting (of course) for a few hours of gabbing and knitting. I hadn't seen her in weeks, so it was nice to get caught up. She also gave me some hand-spun goodness in a yarn/audio-book trade we did. Pics coming soon of that!

Now I'm home again, stuffed with bagels and pie and figure it's time to work some of it off, in housework. So, I'm off to get a jump on the weekly cleaning and laundry with hopefully more time to knit and read later. I'm hoping to have some pics posted Sunday of my W.I.P's.

6 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day.

 
At 11/02/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomorrow i'm going to be teaching how to make bagels..i'll post on the blog. That pie looks yummy!

 
At 11/02/2007 , Blogger janna said...

What a fun day! And I've never heard of Janie's Pies!

 
At 11/03/2007 , Blogger Bezzie said...

San Antonio, home of delish pies and crazy football maneuvers--Good lord, I think I kind of MISS it a bit!

 
At 11/03/2007 , Blogger Enid said...

YUMMM!!! what a great day.

 
At 11/04/2007 , Blogger Kim said...

I waited for a damn Panera for 4 years and as soon as I leave town one opens! Ugh! Our fav is the asiago cheese bagel - YUM!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home