Sunday, November 04, 2007

Pot Smoker


Heh...As I was making my way through W @ l m @ r t early this morning, I looked down at my list and saw I had written "pot smoker" and really got a chuckle out of it. I knew what I meant, but if I had dropped my list, I had visions of hearing over the intercom, "Will the person who's shopping list has 'pot smoker' on it report to customer service." Of course, I meant one of these:


DH had been dropping hints that he wanted one and I was going to save it for a Christmas gift, but saw how cheap it was (less than $30.00) and decided to surprise him with one today. We can do a whole lot of smokin' between now and Christmas. DH was thrilled and already has smokin' plans for next weekend-brisket and a chicken/turkey.

Also on my list were river rocks, votives and votive holders. They ended up being used in this project:

I did end up adding more rocks after the picture was taken. The candles smell like apple cider. If it doesn't look or feel like Fall outside, at least it can smell like it in my house!

The moss was used for some upkeep on my fake Ficus tree. The moss had really lost it's charm (Sophie likes to get her snout in it and mess it up) and looked like this:

Now it looks like this:

Big improvement!

You may have also noticed "Interweave" on the list as well, I did find the Holiday Issue at the store but haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but have read some positive things about it!

And finally, to show proof of some actual knitting. Here's a pic of what I'm currently working on:

In the mug: Millstone Caramel Truffle coffee-delicious!!!
The pattern: Maine Morning Mitts
The Yarn: Noro Silk Garden (1 skein!)
Needles: Size 7 dpns
Notes: This is a fast knit! I'm loving the pattern already! I'd say the average person could get this done in a weekend, me..probably a week or two! Shhhh..don't tell the fish I've been cheating on them!

1 Comments:

At 11/04/2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pot smoker...hehe. Duuuuude.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home