Monday, September 08, 2008

Broken Dawn

Warning..spoilers ahead...



so...I FINALLY finished reading B r e a k i n g D a w n and well, there's not much to say. I had to push myself to get it finished and when I did, I almost wished I had never read it.

My issues:
  • I tolerated the first part of the book waiting for it to get really good...it never did...
  • ReneEsme (gag!)-just couldn't get passed the name
  • I felt like the whole Leah storyline just got dropped at the end
  • It creeped me out that Jacob imprinted on Nessie (an infant)
  • It seemed like it took F O R E V E R for that whole ending show-down to happen and then poof it was over.


After reading the 1st three books I could hardly wait to read the next one. Now I don't want to read or see anything vampire related. It's taken me two days to even want to talk about it.

I had to cleanse my palate by reading some Debbie Macomber and I'm in my happy place again.

Any other opinions?

2 Comments:

At 9/08/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I think I would have been disappointed with almost any ending, and prepared myself for that. I really wanted Meyer to figure out a way for the Cullens to all become human again, since that was what they wanted, but I knew she wouldn't do that.

I agree -- Reneesme is a STUPID name, but I have to say I wasn't all that surprised by Jacob's imprinting on her. Meyer needed a way to bring him officially into the family, plus it had been foreshadowed by that other werewolf (I've already forgotten his name!) who imprinted on a baby.

 
At 9/09/2008 , Blogger Michelle said...

I have to say that the book kinda broke my heart. I totally agree that the book was pretty darned slow, and it didn't help that I got sick of Edward and all his freaking out (although I can relate to it). Renesmee Carlie?! Whatever. Plus, with all of Bella's dreams and whatnot, I expected a hardcore brawl with the Voltari. What a letdown.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home