Thursday, December 18, 2008

Am I the Only One...

Who thinks there's something wrong with this?

This was a holiday "card" I received from one of the schools in my district-actually the email that came with the said card (I never did all the clicking required because I was so annoyed):

Subject Line: Happy Holidays

Email: Please click on the icon. It will open another window with the same icon. Then click on the icon in the second window to see our holiday wishes for you.

XXX YYY, Principal ZZZZZZZ Elementary School

This is about the 10th card I've received in a mass email. I used to LOVE going into the front office this time of year to see the student handmade cards sent from the various schools. Now we get an impersonal email with directions. That's just wrong...I want to see all the cute, funny, sparkly, traditional or sappy cards!

Like this:

Or this:

But would love to get a card like this. I'd never throw it away!

What are your thoughts? Am I being too sensitive in my old age?

3 Comments:

At 12/18/2008 , Blogger janna said...

I totally agree with you -- I even feel guilty this year for sending store-bought cards instead handmade!

 
At 12/19/2008 , Blogger Michelle said...

I'm totally with you on this! People have gotten so wrapped up(!) in gift giving that the true meaning of this time of year has gotten lost along the way. Now is the time of year that we should bother to take the time to put some effort into letting others know that we actually do care, and not in such an oblique way. Plus, everything is better when it's handmade :)

 
At 12/19/2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. It's incredibly impersonal and tactless. And lazy. And a whole bunch of other words that I probably shouldn't use here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home