Thursday, October 23, 2008

MN Yarn Crawl

ETA: Here's a link for a pic of the gnomes.

I went on a Minnesota Yarn Crawl of sorts while on my recent magical MN weekend.

Yarn/Patterns=Ravelry links
Stores=WWW links

My first stop was the Yarn Garage. Wow! What a a selection! Floor to ceiling full of yarn...plus very friendly staff!!I walked out with some Independently Dyed Yarn (supposedly from a band in England I'm a sucker for a good story), Ty -Dy sock yarn, and a cute sock pattern.

Our next stop was The Tangled Skein-love the name!! There, I couldn't help myself and bought some Schaefer Yarn-Anne and Patagonia cotton yarn(from the clearance shelf).


The next day I convinced my brother in law to drive to New Ulm where I visited the Nadel Kunst (no website) and found some really fun patterns for pumpkins, snowmen and snowbabies, along with a pattern for a gnome. I also picked up some Trekking sockyarn.

Sunday I drug my sister to her LYS, Mary Lue's Yarn & Ewe and really had a good time. It was probably my favorite store. Not only did they have great yarn, but nice sheep-themed items (including nightshirts and journals)! I ended up with some locally spun wool/mohair blend, Araucania Ranco Multy, Trekking XXL, and a few other sheep-themed goodies.


I loved seeing different yarn stores and discovering "New to me" yarns. Now if I could just find the time to knit it all up!!

2 Comments:

At 10/24/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Bah blast that place that I won't name for not having a picture of the gnome!

But it looks like a nice haul overall....was the Schaeffer Anne on clearance or just the cotton?

 
At 10/25/2008 , Blogger Courtney said...

Nice yarns! I've always wanted to go to the Yarn Garage, but with so many LYS in the Twin Cities, I've never made it out there. Your haul certainly makes it look worthwhile!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home