Sunday, October 19, 2008

MN Recap

Whew! I finally have some time to write about my quick trip to Minnesota last weekend.

I originally went to see my niece in one of her final performances (she graduates in the Spring) of college theater. She played the role of Ellen in the University of Minnesota-Mankato's production of Miss Saigon. I, of course thought she was brilliant but I may be a bit biased. Here's a link to an early EARLY rehearsal of her performance.

Mollie, infact picked me up from the airport Friday morning and we spent the rest of the day at the Mall of America-can you believe there's an amusement park INSIDE the mall?

We stopped at a few yarn shops as we made our way from Mpls to Mankato (another post for that) and an apple orchard. Just have a few left from the "peck" of apples I brought back.


I also brought back some zucchini from my sister's garden which I used some in this Orange Zucchini bread recipe today. I was even able to freeze another 4 cups of shredded zucchini for future use.


The quirkiest thing I brought back? Why it's an old Choo-Choo Cherry cup my Mom had from the set we used growing up.

She gave each us kids a cup for remembrance. Anyone else remember the Funny Face drink packs?

Next post will be about the 4 yarn shops I squeezed into my visit!

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2008 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh that bread looks divine!!

I don't remember Funny Face--but I do remember growing up with Koolaid Man cups...I wonder what mom did with those??

 
At 10/21/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

How cool. You know I think I've been there. I have this vague memory of going on a trip with a group and being in a Mall and it had crazy rides in it. (note: I'm originally from up IN)
And I do remember the funny face drinks, I just got rid of my cup a few years back. I think I sold in a garage sale or something. Probably should have kept it. lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home