Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Peek into my Christmas

Yesterday was the "big" day for us. We had some friends over for a prime rib dinner. DH made use of the fun/tacky apron I made for him.

I didn't realize the chef hat by his name (it's with white paint) would have such a phallic look to it-hee! He was relieved to open a plain black apron this morning for his future cooking adventures but will wear this one for fun.

Today was a very laid back day. After the family phone calls we hung out, watched tv, ate left overs from yesterday and I knit.

This is the beginning of a scarf with Barbara Walker's Scroll stitch pattern.
Yarn: Hand Maiden Camelspin-Paris
Needles: size 4

I did receive a new camera but since we didn't have the right card reader I had to take these pics with my old one-boo!

Tomorrow we are off to the beach for the weekend. The weather looks decent so I may actually get on the beach this visit.

Time to finish my near-perfect Christmas day by spending some time with my current read, The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken: A Search for Food and Family.

This was one of the quietest/non-stressful Christmas days I've had in years and I sure did enjoy it. How was yours?

3 Comments:

At 12/26/2008 , Blogger janna said...

Merry Christmas, Amy! We did our big stuff on Christmas Eve, too, so Christmas Day was very lazy. My sister and BIL left this morning to go back to SA -- I'm pretty sure they're tired of winter!

Have fun at the beach!

 
At 12/26/2008 , Blogger Amanda said...

Happy second day of Christmas! I love the apron, though I am sure he appreciates the plain one.

We had a laid back holiday as well, but I am glad it is past us.

Have a great beach weekend, I hope it is warm!

 
At 12/26/2008 , Blogger Enid said...

the scarf looks great. :D

I'm glad to hear you had a great Christmas. Ours was pretty peaceful as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home