Sunday, July 12, 2009

A "Comfort"-able Saturday


My Mother informed me I hadn't updated my blog in awhile and I had a few moments before heading out for the day so thought I'd write about my adventures yesterday!


First off though is my contribution to Bezzie's request to flash your library card:

I'm fortunate in that I teach right next door to a public library which I use quite frequently during the school year. I included my tattered and torn key chain card which is my card choice.

Back to yesterday....

A few of my knitting friends and I headed to Comfort, TX to visit The Tinsmith's Wife yarn shop. The day was fantastic from start to finish. We all met up at a local Starbucks, piled into Kim's car, and then headed west to the Stars Hollow like town (for the Gilmore Girls fans out there) of Comfort.

Most went with with a list of what to buy, I didn't..and that can be dangerous! I ended up purchasing:


An eggplant colored Cali Zuma bag and matching Mini Cozy. I'd been wanting a "nice" knitting bag for awhile now and was thrilled to find one in my favorite color!



I also bought some beautiful Spud & Chloe sock yarn (color: anemone) and that was suppose to be it...until I saw the Lorna's Laces.


and some Bullfrogs and Butterflies yarn (color: Lakeview) also made it into my pile to buy.

At that point I hurried to check out before I was seduced by any other yarn.

I made my way to the couch to knit while the others finished their shopping and made a new friend with Noro the cat.


Once we all finished with our shopping we had the best burger in the state of Texas at 814, A Texas Bistro and got dessert to go from Sweet Comfort, the candy store across the street!

I think this was my favorite day of summer vacation so far!

3 Comments:

At 7/12/2009 , Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! I now remember what my SA card looked like!!! And hey--your card matches your new knitting bag! Nice!!!!

 
At 7/12/2009 , Blogger janna said...

That looks like so much fun! I need to go up to The Tinsmith's Wife next time I'm in SA....

 
At 7/15/2009 , Blogger Courtney said...

My mom is always complaining that I don't blog enough. I think you blog plenty. Your trip to Comfort sounds like it was so much fun and I'm very sad to have missed it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home